Thursday, November 28, 2019

#Time has past#

It has been well over a year that I have been here.
So much has happened, and yet so little has changed. Still live in same place, but I don't have my friend with me anymore. She died
1 1/2 years ago.  Very sad.// Family member got married and I attended the wedding in Idaho.  Was impressed by the state because of its looks.  Unless where it is watered, it is a desert-like look.  The summers are as hot there as here, but the moisture is not present, which makes it a little more bearable.
The airline we took was a smaller one, and we will never try to save money, wound up with changed departure by 12 hours and had to spend those hours in airport in Denver.
Work had to be done for the house, new deck boards, new electrical box, basement fortifying against water seepage, and other minor repairs. But the worst part was that son had a heart attack.  He survived, thanks to the Lord only, and with mechanical assist now is doing alright.  It was proof that extreme stress in life, which he endured for nearly 30 years, can bring on dramatic health problems, otherwise his life style was a very healthy one.

Also suffered the death of daughter-in-law 3 yrs ago.  My health is manageable. For this I thank the Lord daily.  Without Him it would be impossible given my circumstances.

Still love ice hockey, but no longer attend games, but keep up with them via Internet and friends. The peripheral circumstances took too much time and I could not keep up with work at home.  Also, I love not having to watch dates, days, times every week.  Of course, sometimes it is hard to remember what day it is, that is where the newspaper comes in to help refresh memory.  Another Thanksgiving passed, or nearly,  within the next few minutes.  It was uneventful and very quiet. Neighbor in evening brought some food over, which helps make a meal following day.
And I got hacked, partially my fault.  It took weeks to get everything straight again. 
I will treat myself to a performance of my favorite singers, IlDivo, who finally came to our State and perform in Durham. Will drive there with a friend. Joy shared is joy doubled.

The greatest blessing always remains The Lord's presence in my home daily.  That is the best friend one can have.

11/28/2019


No comments:

Post a Comment