Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Gallery of Clouds and Sky

















When I recently read of a gentleman who photographed a tree, standing singly in an open field, for one year each day once, I thought it such a great idea - as those pictures were absolutely captivating, with the environment (ground) changing over time so much, more than the tree itself.  However, I live in a wooded area, mainly pines, where such changes are not that noticeable daily, so I wondered what I could use. As I mused, sitting on my deck, and by habit looked at the limited amount of sky I could see in one direction due to the many tall trees all around the property, I focused on this one spot and decided to observer the sky daily to see what I could discover. I assumed there would be many changes - and there are. I photograph at about the same time each early evening, i.e. right after sunset. And the sky is a miracle of art via the clouds. No two days, even moments are the same. After I take a shot and I wait a few seconds it already looks slightly different. So a few pictures are taken on the same evening, but a minute or less apart. At this point the pictures extended over 12 days. I hope I can do this for a year until next August 2016.
I have become so captivated by the clouds and sky and different hues, that I find myself taking pictures in other spots too, and have some wonderful shots. As I drive along my rural roads I love to see all the various formations of clouds, blues sky, grey sky, sometimes a mix of all, that I wish I could photograph all of it. It is like a natural movie daily, and does not cost anything.

Following are a few shots taken on a walk from my house down the road for 2/10 of a mile.




The street scene does not show the various sky views, since the camera does not pick up (not my cheap one) the coloring in the distance unless aimed at it.  On my return way, the sky was totally clear of all the clouds and this blue.
Yes, life can be fascinating when we look at the things right near us.  We don't have to go far or travel to many places to be taken in by beauty.



These were taken on 9/22/15 @ 6:06, 6:06, 6:07 PM. The lower the sun went beyond view the wider the reddish tinge spread.  I have become so fascinated with the sky that I look at it wherever I am, and wish I could photograph it all the time. A changing wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment